Well, Here We Go…

IMG_1050

I am now officially a blogger! It is hard to believe that the world has existed for this long without my opinion, but it’s time to make that right. So, here I am.

If you are seeking rantings, ravings, ramblings, and revelations from a Reverend, then you’ve come to the right place.  Follow along as I investigate, castigate, remonstrate, commiserate, pontificate, and aliterate.

I will use this place to share about my story, ministry, family, and general views on life. I’m the Pastor of the newly-formed Redeemer Church of Madison, Georgia. For 21 years I have been married to my beloved Jodi Elliott Darsey and we have two children: Christian (19), and Kaylee (15). We also have a dog, Belle, who insisted upon being mentioned here. God has been so good to me and it is exciting to have the great privilege of sharing my life with all of you!

Advertisements

14 comments on “Well, Here We Go…

1. Ken Sellers says:

This will quickly become my favorite reading!! Glad you started it and glad I found it!

2. Tommy cosper says:

go ahead make our day! TOMORROW morning I plan to have biscuits, scrambled eggs, coffee, honey, butter and oh yea thick sliced bacon,my baby and I will eat hearty!

3. Marty Krueger says:

Love the blog John and love how your preaching’s so moved my soul. God has given you a talent and a message to share with all of us so hungry to know Him. He is set in His ways of showing us we will follow His instruction and, if we don’t, He will get us back on the path…..His way!!! Your delivery of messages from our Heavenly Father have meant so much to me in the past, I look forward to reading your blog and having you deliver those messages, again, to the depth of my being. Good job John….God has blessed you in so many ways and blessed me by putting your energetic method of preaching into my life. Good Luck with the new Church!!!

• johndarsey says:

Wow! Thanks so much for those kind words. We are excited and people like you make ministry a joy. Hope to see you soon – God bless you.

• johndarsey says:

Thank you Marty! You are so kind and I miss you folks. You will never know how much that encouragement means to me and I sure hope to see you soon. Please pray for us – we are very, very excited.

4. Bambi Barber says:

Hey, Baby Brother:

You are not too bad at this writing talent! Kinda makes me teary! Great Job!!! Love you.

5. smittylinc says:

Even though I was never a member of your church I heard you speak/preach several times in Hazlehurst, and I always enjoyed it. Moreover, I always left with something more than I arrived with. Thanks for what you shared.

Best of luck to you, and I hope I am able to visit in the near future.

6. Frances Laughter says:

John Darsey, You could always become an author. Your writing skills are exceptional!
    Send me your first manuscript and I will proofread and edit for you. Consider it. Okay?

• johndarsey says:

Thanks so much, sweet lady! You were my very first encourager in the ministry and I would not be where I am today were it not for you and Pastor Jerry loving and leading me! I actually AM considering the book – and you ARE the editor! Done deal. Love you!